Psql Question

From: Danny <dannyh(at)idx(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Psql Question
Date: 2000-09-19 12:06:19
Lists: pgsql-general

- Hello
- I had previous experience with Access and MySQL.

-Situation

- I am trying to create the equvilant of the following which is a mysql
command.

- Queston
- But I cannot figure out how to do this is postgresql

"mysql -u root -p mydb < mydb.dump"

- I was trying to create a test database using the following commands using a
very cliche example . This command works on mySQL and should be part of the
ANSI SQL standard

mydb=# INSERT INTO Customer (Customer_ID,Customer_Name,Customer_Address,Customer_Email)
mydb-# VALUES ('1','Danny Ho','99 Second Ave, Kingswood','dannyh(at)customer(dot)com'),
mydb-# ('2','Randal Handel','54 Oxford Road, Cambridge','randalh(at)customer(dot)com')
mydb-# ;

-and I get the following errors :

ERROR: parser: parse error at or near ","

Looking forwrd to your feedback.,

dannyh

dannyH(at)dix(dot)com(dot)au