Re: "make check" fails for 7.4.2 checked out from CVS

Lists: pgsql-general
From: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
Subject: "make check" fails for 7.4.2 checked out from CVS
Date: 2004-03-11 10:45:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I have checked out the REL7_4_2 version from the public CVS repository,
and running "make check" fails with:

[snip]
/bin/sh ./pg_regress --temp-install --top-builddir=../../..
--schedule=./parallel_schedule --multibyte=SQL_ASCII
============== creating temporary installation ==============
============== initializing database system ==============
============== starting postmaster ==============
running on port 65432 with pid 29266
============== creating database "regression" ==============
/home/cnagy/dev/src/pgsql_7_4_2/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install//opt/pgsql/bin/createdb: relocation error: /home/cnagy/dev/src/pgsql_7_4_2/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install//opt/pgsql/bin/createdb: undefined symbol: get_progname
pg_regress: createdb failed

Running just "make" finishes OK, everything compiles.

I've used the following configure command:

./configure --enable-multibyte --enable-locale --prefix=/opt/pgsql

I have a 7.3 version installed, but I've made sure the path does not
point to it. There's no accessible createdb on the path.

The OS I'm using: a plain RedHat 9 installation with 2.4.20-20.9 kernel.

Do you have any hints/ideas about what's happening ?

Thanks,
Csaba.