Re: Stats not getting updated....

Lists: pgsql-general
From: Himanshu Baweja <himanshubaweja(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Himanshu Baweja <himanshubaweja(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Stats not getting updated....
Date: 2005-06-02 10:38:48
Lists: pgsql-general

i also noted one more thing... the stats are getting updated only when i do vacuum.... is that wht is supposed to happen... or something is wrong....

thx
Himanshu

Himanshu Baweja <himanshubaweja(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:
i am trying to identify which tables should be moved to diff drives.... i first identified the most used tables... by looking at the data in pg_statio_user_tables.....
and then i did sampling of the io-usage of these tables every 2 mins... to identify which are getting used when....

but the problem is my stats are not getting updated.... they first get updated around 20% done... and then once more at around 70% done.... why is the stats not getting updated more frequently.....

the test application i am using has a 33 min test with lots of read and write....

thx
Himanshu

Discover Yahoo!