Re: Stats not getting updated....

From: Himanshu Baweja <himanshubaweja(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Stats not getting updated....
Date: 2005-06-02 16:07:12
Lists: pgsql-general

> backends only ship stats to the collector at transaction commit.
> Or maybe it's at the end of processing a client command. It's certainly
> not continuous.

yup that i already know....
but is there any way to make it do the update more frequently.... 4 times in 30 mins... which makes the stats useless....

or there is any way to identify the usage of tables... wht i am trying to do is check the table heap_blks_read time to time.... so that i can know how much io is getting used for each table... and during which time... i am doing sampling every 2 min....

now after i have identified which tables are getting used and when... we can move them to diff partitions for better preformance.....

is there any way to know the table usage....

thx
Himanshu