Re: Unable to generate man pages for translated sgml

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unable to generate man pages for translated sgml
Date: 2010-09-29 14:22:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Starting from 9.0, it seems unable to generate man pages for Japanese
translated sgml(generating html is ok). Until 8.4 it worked fine. Does
anybody succeeded in generating non English/multibyte translated man pages?
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

On ons, 2010-09-29 at 23:22 +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Starting from 9.0, it seems unable to generate man pages for Japanese
> translated sgml(generating html is ok). Until 8.4 it worked fine. Does
> anybody succeeded in generating non English/multibyte translated man pages?

You leave a lot to be guessed here, but note that since DocBook SGML
always uses Latin-1 encoding, what you are describing is by definition
impossible and could only have worked by some accident.