Re: Release planning (was: Re: Status report)

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Status report
Date: 2004-07-10 20:25:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am still going through my mailbox, trying to address all the open
patches so we can move toward beta. Of course, many of the patches I
kept need some adjustment to get applied (e.g. configuration file
location) so it is slow going.

However, we still have PITR unapplied, autovacuum unapplied, and nested
transactions don't have savepoint support, so we are still a while away
from beta. I think we should start thinking of beta as August 1 rather
than mid-July.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

> I am still going through my mailbox, trying to address all the open
> patches so we can move toward beta. Of course, many of the patches I
> kept need some adjustment to get applied (e.g. configuration file
> location) so it is slow going.
>
> However, we still have PITR unapplied, autovacuum unapplied, and nested
> transactions don't have savepoint support, so we are still a while away
> from beta. I think we should start thinking of beta as August 1 rather
> than mid-July.

Plus a bunch of other minor patches :)

Chris