Re: REVOKE ALL

From: "David Legault" <legault(dot)david(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: REVOKE ALL
Date: 2007-02-21 12:33:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Concerning the pg_hba.conf file, I don't want to prevent external
connections to the DB as I need all my web apps to connect to them. I was
referring the fact that ROLE A "belongs" to DB G so that I don't want him to
access anything in DB H for example.

I'd like to be able to create roles that can't connect (not the pg_hba.conf
user configs) to any database except the ones for which they have been
granted the privilege to do so.

So when creating ROLE A, he wouldn't be able to connect [through a PHP call
pg_connect(user, pass, db)] until I explicitly grant him access to the DB
for connexion via GRANT ON DATABASE G TO A.

As for the REVOKE and checking of privileges, haven't found anything for
that on pgfoundry, will look on google.

Thanks

David