Re: REVOKE ALL

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: David Legault <legault(dot)david(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: REVOKE ALL
Date: 2007-02-21 12:04:17
Lists: pgsql-general

David Legault wrote:
> In which table pg_* are stored the GRANT options? As I can do a cross-check
> with a SELECT to see if the user has any grants on functions using the
> pg_proc table. At the same time, I need to know exactly the names of the
> functions to be able to REVOKE them which in my opinion, there should be a
> wildcard which enables you to REVOKE everything at once without prior
> knowing the names of the functions.

Check pgfoundry / google for some functions to do just that - there are
plenty out there.

If you want to write your own, the permissions are stored in "proacl" in
pg_proc (and similarly named columns in other tables for other objects).
You may find the information_schema.routine* views simpler to work with
for part of your effort though.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd