Question re: TODO Item 'separate SERIAL type'

From: Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question re: TODO Item 'separate SERIAL type'
Date: 2001-05-02 15:01:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In the TODO, in the Type section, someone has proposed as 'separate SERIAL
type', which I assume is a type distinct from the SERIAL mapping to int
nextval... that exists now.

Can anyone elaborate on why this would be useful? I'm curious.

I've tried searching the lists, but I find too many references to common
questions about the current SERIAL pseudotype to come up with much.

Thanks!
--
Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>