Re: Comparing PostgreSQL and Oracle stability

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: "Thomas Hyldgaard" <hyldgaard(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Comparing PostgreSQL and Oracle stability
Date: 2002-07-03 18:30:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Thomas-

My opinions are based on Oracle 8, which was the last version I used,
performance is a subjective guess-

-Performance is about the same.
-The only thing I've missed is point-in-time recovery.
-Stability is about the same.
-DBA work is about the same if you don't depend on a GUI.
-Support for postgreSQL is much faster. (A bit cheaper as well <grin>)

I haven't missed Oracle.

-Nick