Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard

From: Greg Stark <greg(dot)stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Date: 2008-12-04 18:40:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Well that's a bit if hyperbole. There's a gulf of difference between
an embedded use case where it should fit within an acceptable
footprint for a desktop app component of maybe a megabyte or so of ram
and disk - if we're generous and saying it should run comfortably
without having to spec out special server hardware for a demo.

That said 64mb of ram seems like hyperbole too. My NSLU2 has 32mb...

greg