Re: GIN improvements part 1: additional information

From: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GIN improvements part 1: additional information
Date: 2013-11-28 07:19:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 1:14 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com
> wrote:

> On 11/26/13 15:34, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
>
>> What's your plans about GIN now? I tried to rebase packed posting lists
>> with head. But I found that you've changed interface of placeToPage
>> function. That's conflicts with packed posting lists, because
>> dataPlaceToPageLeaf needs not only offset number to describe place to
>> insert item pointer. Do you like to commit rework of handling GIN
>> incomplete splits before?
>>

> Yeah, I'm planning to get back to this patch after committing the
> incomplete splits patch. I think the refactoring of the WAL-logging that I
> did in that patch will simplify this patch, too. I'll take a look at
> Michael's latest comments on the incomplete splits patch tomorrow, so I
> should get back to this on Thursday or Friday.

Should I try to rebase this patch now or you plan to do it yourself? Some
changes like "void *insertdata" argument make me think you have some
particular plan to rebase this patch, but I didn't get it exactly.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.