Re: Fwd: Request for error explaination || Adding a new integer in indextupleData Structure

From: Rohit Goyal <rhtgyl(dot)87(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Request for error explaination || Adding a new integer in indextupleData Structure
Date: 2014-01-28 18:57:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-novice

> Rohit Goyal <rhtgyl(dot)87(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>> > Hi All,
>> > I was trying to modify indextupledata structure by adding an integer
>> > variable. ButI faced an error message "psql: FATAL: could not find
>> tuple
>> > for opclass 10032".
>>
>> > Could anyone please help me in resolving this issue.
>>
>> You broke a system catalog index. Without seeing what you changed and
>> where, it's impossible to say just how, but that's the bottom line.
>>
>> This is the first line which i want to write in the code. Can you tel me
> how to add an integer in indextupledata structure if I have a fresh system
> with no changes?
>
> In recent versions of PG, opclass 10032 is btree name_ops (unless you've
>> also added/removed system catalog entries), which is a pretty plausible
>> thing to be one of the first indexscanned fetches during relcache.c
>> initialization, so I don't think there's any great significance in this
>> particular error message. It's likely that you broke *all* indexscans
>> not just one specific one.
>
> I am not sure how i can break all indexscan as this is the first line I
> wrote in the code.
>

> regards, tom lane

Hello,

I started all the process again and configured my eclipse with raw
postgresql code. First change i made in the code is

I added *int i; *in indextupleData structure in itup.h.

I got the same error message. Please help me to understand and solve the
issue. I want to add an integer in index tuple for btree.

Regards,
Rohit Goyal