Re: Fwd: Request for error explaination || Adding a new integer in indextupleData Structure

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rohit Goyal <rhtgyl(dot)87(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Request for error explaination || Adding a new integer in indextupleData Structure
Date: 2014-01-28 20:03:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-novice

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Rohit Goyal <rhtgyl(dot)87(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

Hello,

> I started all the process again and configured my eclipse with raw
> postgresql code. First change i made in the code is
>
> I added *int i; *in indextupleData structure in itup.h.

You should show us *exactly* where you added it. (Doing so is what "diff"
was developed for, so please use that or a similar tool.)

> I got the same error message. Please help me to understand and solve the
> issue. I want to add an integer in index tuple for btree.

The data from IndexTupleData is written to disk, and then read back in
again. Did you initdb a new database cluster after you made your change?
If you did the initdb with the original code, and then tried to point your
new code at the old disk files, that is very unlikely to work, as format is
now different.

Cheers,

Jeff