Postgresql Database Architect – Remote, Hourly Consultancy

From: Paul Hughes <vivation(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql Database Architect – Remote, Hourly Consultancy
Date: 2017-05-05 21:34:23
Lists: pgsql-jobs

JOB DESCRIPTION:

We are in the early design phases of our application. It’s a collaborative
sports blog that performs similarly to a traditional wiki, but with some
strong front-end data elements. What we are looking for right now, is some
basic directional consultation and education of what Postgresql can do,
especially as it relates to it’s NoSQL capabilities. Our second set of
questions is whether we can build out this CMS using Node.JS with
Postgresql. Here’s what we know: There are a growing number of Node.Js CMS
platforms coming online. They work great, except they are all using
MongoDB. What we need though is some relational stuff as well, which is why
we are looking at Postgresql. We’ve also been told, that Postgresql is a
favorite among Node.js developers because of its “best of both worlds”
capabilities. So we are trying to figure out how these different packages
work together, and what’s ultimately possible.

REQUIRED SKILLS:

Postgresql, Node.js, PHP (for comparison’s sake), and a significant amount
of experience working with both relational and non-relational databases.

OPTIONAL SKILLS:

Experience with designing best-fit architecture from the ground up for a
new type of platform.

LOCATION:

Virtual – since this job is a consultancy, we expect we can do everything
for now over the phone, Skype, or email.

TERM:

Temporary, possibly leading to long-term or permanent.

COMPENSATION:

We are willing to pay the top-dollar hourly rate for an experienced
software architecture designer/developer.

ABOUT US:

We are a brand-new start-up, so we do not have a public profile yet. We are
operating in stealth mode.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>