Re: Problem with displaying "wide" tables in psql

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Emre Hasegeli <emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Sergey Muraviov <sergey(dot)k(dot)muraviov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Problem with displaying "wide" tables in psql
Date: 2014-04-26 12:44:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 9:47 PM, Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu> wrote:
> I'll take a look at it this evening and will add regression tests (and
> probably more comments too!) and commit.

Well that evening turned into this morning a week later. Thanks to
Emre who fixed the remaining problems.

I added a regression test that tests every combination of linestyle
and border and format. That makes it kind of long but it's fast to run
and this code is easy to break so I would prefer to have tests for the
next time someone tries to fix something in it.

I expect this regression test to fail on platforms that don't support
utf-8 client-side (I'm assuming we such things?). I don't have such a
platform here and I'm not sure how it would fail so I want to go ahead
and apply it and grab the output to add the alternate output when it
fails on the build-farm. Would that be ok?

--
greg

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix_psql_print_aligned_vertical_v8.patch text/x-patch 111.0 KB