From: Rajmohan C <csrajmohan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: loading .so file at run time
Date: 2014-06-13 06:29:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-novice

I am working with Postgresql 9.3.4 source using eclipse IDE in ubuntu
14.04. I have a library file abc.so to be loaded at run time when
postgresql server starts. When I run the server with

"-D /home/rajmohan/projects/TPCH_database"

as argument in run configuration, I could see LOG message abc.so library
loaded and I am able to call library methods at run time. But this requires
a client to connect to server and pass cmds. But I want a stand-alone
postgres server such that I can give commands directly from eclipse command
prompt itself. For that when I set the argument in run configuration as

"--single -D /home/rajmohan/projects/TPCH_database tpch",

the library loaded log message doesnot appears and library does not load.
How to load the library on stand-alone server and work?