Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics

From: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, YUriy Zhuravlev <u(dot)zhuravlev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics
Date: 2016-03-02 04:41:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> OK, I will test it, sometime in this week.

I have tested this patch in my laptop, and there i did not see any
regression at 1 client

Shared buffer 10GB, 5 mins run with pgbench, read-only test

base patch
run1 22187 24334
run2 26288 27440
run3 26306 27411

May be in a day or 2 I will test it in the same machine where I reported
the regression, and if regression is there I will check the instruction
using Call grind.

Dilip Kumar