Y-Combinator Startup Hiring Postgres Devs - San Francisco, CA

From: Jeff Ferguson <jeff(at)pipelinedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Y-Combinator Startup Hiring Postgres Devs - San Francisco, CA
Date: 2014-06-11 18:52:13
Lists: pgsql-jobs

PipelineDB (YC W14) is hiring employees #1 - #4

Location: San Francisco, CA

We are on a mission to build a new type of database for a modern world in
which information is constantly moving, and moving fast. PipelineDB runs
SQL queries continuously on large volumes of streaming data, giving
companies the capability to easily develop scalable, realtime applications
and services using only a familiar SQL interface. No application code is
required.

This inherently involves solving many big problems, many of which are
novel. We’re looking for creative engineers who appreciate the value and
freedom of choosing their own projects, approaches, and working with other
top talent in a low distraction, streamlined work environment in our new
SOMA office.

We are well funded by top investors including SV Angel, Susa Ventures, Data
Collective, Paul Buchheit, and more.

If you’ve been waiting for an opportunity like this, please send your
resume and a quick blurb about yourself to jobs(at)pipelinedb(dot)com(dot) We're
hiring for two positions:

1) Software Engineer

Requirements:

* Bachelor's degree or higher in CS or related field

* You've worked with large C/C++ systems in a Linux environment

* Strong system-level debugging skills

* Strong understanding of how performant storage systems work

Bonus points:

* Experience with/contributions to PostgreSQL, Storm, Kafka, Samza,
Kinesis, or Esper

* Experience with database internals

* Experience building distributed systems

* Experience building realtime systems

Compensation:

$90k - $120k + 1% - 4% equity

2) Frontend Engineer

Requirements:

* Strong design sense (please send us a link to your portfolio/work if
possible)

* Strong HTML, CSS, and JavaScript skills

* Ability to implement your vision effectively

* Experience with a framework such as Django or Rails

Bonus points:

* Bachelor's degree or higher in CS or related field

* Experience with databases

* Experience with monitoring/operations/admin software

Compensation:

$80k - $110k + 1% - 3% equity

--
Jeff Ferguson