Re: pgsql: Add infrastructure to support EphemeralNamedRelation references.

From: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add infrastructure to support EphemeralNamedRelation references.
Date: 2017-04-01 06:01:46
Lists: pgsql-committers

On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 12:21 AM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 12:01 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>
>> rhinoceros says you missed contrib/sepgsql.
>
> Yeah, I saw that and have pushed an attempt to fix.

That blind fix seemed to work.

>> (And while I'm bitching, you definitely failed to update ProcessUtility's
>> header comment, which like most significant functions takes some pains
>> to describe all the arguments.)
>
> Will fix.

I pushed a fix for that and then went looking to see what else I
missed. I found CreateCachedPlan, but then saw that the parameter
was never referenced within the function. That seems odd. I want
to go over that carefully, but I'm too tired now. Will investigate
tomorrow.

--
Kevin Grittner