Re: review: Non-recursive processing of AND/OR lists

From: Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet(at)singh(dot)im>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: review: Non-recursive processing of AND/OR lists
Date: 2013-07-17 12:21:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>wrote:

> I did a some performance tests of v5 and v6 version and there v5 is
> little bit faster than v6, and v6 has significantly higher stddev

Thanks Pavel.

The difference in average seems negligible, but stddev is interesting
because v6 does less work than v5 in common cases and in the test that I
had shared.

The current commitfest (2013-06) is marked as 'In Progress', so is it okay
to just mark the patch as 'Ready for Committer' or should I move it to the
next commitfest (2013-09).

What's the procedure of moving a patch to the next commitfest? Do I make a
fresh submission there with a link to current submission, or is the move
doable somehow in the application itself.

Best regards,
--
Gurjeet Singh

http://gurjeet.singh.im/