Re: Recovery to backup point

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: MauMau <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Recovery to backup point
Date: 2013-12-07 03:00:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 9:06 AM, MauMau <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> It seems that Everyone welcomed the following functionality, and I also want
> it to solve some problem. But this doesn't appear to be undertaken.
Indeed, nobody has really showed up to implement that.

> Recovery target 'immediate'
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/51703751.2020208@vmware.com
> Is there any technical difficulty?
As far as I recall, I don't think so. The problem and the way to solve
that are clear. The only trick is to be sure that recovery is done
just until a consistent point is reached, and to implement that
cleanly.

> May I implement this feature and submit a patch for the next commitfest if I have time?
Please feel free. I might as well participate in the review.
Michael