Database Architect job at Nextdoor

From: Dana Riess <dana(at)nextdoor(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database Architect job at Nextdoor
Date: 2014-06-24 20:58:13
Lists: pgsql-jobs

To whom it may concern,

I'd like to post an opening with Nextdoor to the pgsql-jobs newsletter.
I've included the specs for the role below:

*Database Architect at Nextdoor.com*

Are you passionate about using the power of technology to build community?
Do you believe residents can strengthen their neighborhoods through dialog
and collaboration? Would you like to join a transformative company and play
a significant role in shaping its future? If so, we’d love to meet you.

At Nextdoor, our mission is to bring back a sense of community to the
neighborhood, one of the most important communities in each of our lives.
Our product is a private social network for neighborhoods. One in five
neighborhoods in the U.S. already relies on Nextdoor as its communication
platform.

*Responsibilities*
We are looking to hire our first Database Architect. This person will
design, implement and maintain our database, as we grow: first throughout
the United States, and soon, the world. If you absolutely love working
with databases, have passion for what you do, the desire to build something
huge and great, and want to pursue a great mission – this is the job for
you!

- Own the build of database creation: define business requirements, plan
logic and system architecture to accommodate large-scale and complex data
- Collaborate with other engineers and architects to ensure system
optimization
- Build and maintain databases designed for performance, scale and
reliability
- Build tools and scripts for automation

*Requirements*

- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or
another technical degree
- 7+ years working hands-on with database architecture and administration
- 7+ years working with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL,
Oracle); PostgreSQL strongly preferred
- Some experience with NoSQL solutions (Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced startup
environment
- Strong desire to learn about new technologies and systems
- Want to work in San Francisco - we can help you relocate if necessary

*Benefits*

- The opportunity to work with a collaborative and entrepreneurial team
on a powerful mission to change the world, one neighborhood at a time
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental and
vision) for you and your family
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Meaningful equity for all employees
- Commuter benefits through Clipper card
- Free catered dinners during the week, Monday through Thursday
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks and candy
- La Marzocco espresso machine with Blue Bottle coffee
- Vibrant downtown San Francisco location near Union Square
- The option of an adjustable standing desk
- Shiny Apple products and a free smartphone on your start date

Applicants can apply via: http://grnh.se/jk407i

Please let me know if you need anything else or a shortened description.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Best,
Dana
--
Dana Riess
Recruiting Coordinator | M: (415) 717-5811 | LinkedIn

760 Market Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94102

-