Re: refresh materialized view concurrently

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: refresh materialized view concurrently
Date: 2013-06-17 12:54:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 17 June 2013 13:15, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com> wrote:
> Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> There are multiple features all requiring efficient change set
>> extraction. It seems extremely relevant to begin discussing what
>> that mechanism might be in each case
>
> Changeset extraction has nothing to do with this patch, and cannot
> possibly be useful for it. Please keep discussion which is
> completely unrelated to this patch off this thread.

Kevin,

You mentioned "incremental maintenance" in your original post and I
have been discussing it. Had you not mentioned it, I doubt I would
have thought of it.

But since you did mention it, and its clearly an important issue, it
seems relevant to have discussed it here and now.

I'm happy to wait for you to start the thread discussing it directly though.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/