Re: How about a proper TEMPORARY TABLESPACE?

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Matheus de Oliveira <matioli(dot)matheus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Fabrízio Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How about a proper TEMPORARY TABLESPACE?
Date: 2014-06-23 16:17:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 9:39 PM, Matheus de Oliveira
<matioli(dot)matheus(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Then, to summarize Matheus must do:
>> * use an option instead of change the syntax and catalog to indicate that
>> a tablespace is used to store temp objects
>
> Yes. I myself wasn't sure TEMPORARY syntax would be good, but I would just
> like to hear more about. Storing as an options seems nice to me.

I kind of like the TEMPORARY syntax, by analogy with what we do for
tables. On the other hand, this situation isn't quite analogous: the
tablespace itself is permanent; it's only the objects inside the
tablespace that are temporary. Hmm.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company