Re: Directory/File Access Permissions for COPY and Generic File Access Functions

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adam Brightwell <adam(dot)brightwell(at)crunchydatasolutions(dot)com>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Directory/File Access Permissions for COPY and Generic File Access Functions
Date: 2014-10-28 13:07:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 5:59 PM, Adam Brightwell
<adam(dot)brightwell(at)crunchydatasolutions(dot)com> wrote:
> Attached is a patch with minor updates/corrections.

Given that no fewer than four people - all committers - have expressed
doubts about the design of this patch, I wonder why you're bothering
to post a new version. It seems to me that you should be discussing
the fundamental design, not making minor updates to the code. I
really hope this is not moving in the direction of another "surprise
commit" like we had with RLS. There is absolutely NOT consensus on
this design or anything close to it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company