URGENT: Database Recovery

From: "Felipe Santiago" <fpasantiago(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: URGENT: Database Recovery
Date: 2004-06-30 14:16:45
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi All,

I have a database on PostgreSQL 7.3, running on Windows 98 with
cygwin. In this morning, when the server was starting up, I got the
following messages:
LOG: database system was interrupted being in recovery at 2004-06-30
10:19:19 H
AS
This probably means that some data blocks are corrupted
and you will have to use the last backup for recovery.
LOG: checkpoint record is at 0/3BD9CE60
LOG: redo record is at 0/3BD9CE60; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown FALSE
LOG: next transaction id: 24790; next oid: 1646921
LOG: database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress

LOG: redo starts at 0/3BD9CEA0
PANIC: cannot extend 16404: Permission denied.
Check free disk space.
LOG: startup process (pid 1209913) was terminated by signal 6
LOG: aborting startup due to startup process failure
At this point I´m downloading a new version of postgres. The database
administrator does not have the history os backups. Has anyone any tip how
to recover my data?

Regards
Felipe