Re: Problem with upper function and special characters

From: mike g <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
To: Gerardo Castillo <gcastillo(at)ice(dot)co(dot)cr>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with upper function and special characters
Date: 2004-06-30 03:10:17
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

I don't believe that locale is supported in postgresql.

See http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/multibyte.html#AEN18181
for a list of supported character sets.

Double check and make sure that postgres didn't use the default encoding
of Unicode instead. There is a known bug in 7.4x with Upper/Lower
conversion in Unicode and perhaps that is affecting your encoding as
well.

Mike