Re: Re: patch review : Add ability to constrain backend temporary file space

From: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(dot)debian(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: patch review : Add ability to constrain backend temporary file space
Date: 2011-06-17 08:57:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2011/6/17 Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>:
> On 17/06/11 13:08, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
>>
>> On 17/06/11 09:49, Cédric Villemain wrote:
>>>
>>> I have issues applying it.
>>> Please can you remove trailing space?
>>> Also, you can generate a cool patch like this :
>>>
>>> get git-external-diff from postgres/src/tools to /usr/lib/git-core/
>>> chmod +x it
>>> export GIT_EXTERNAL_DIFF=git-external-diff
>>> git format-patch --ext-diff origin
>
> I think I have the trailing spaces removed, and patch is updated for the
> variable renaming recently done in fd.c
>
> I have no idea why I can't get the git apply to work (obviously I have
> exceeded by git foo by quite a ways), but it should apply for you I hope (as
> it patches fine).

If I didn't made mistake the attached patch does not have trailling
space anymore and I did a minor cosmetic in FileClose. It is not in
the expected format required by postgresql commiters but can be
applyed with git apply...
It looks like the issue is that patch generated with the git-ext-diff
can not be git applyed (they need to use patch).

Either I did something wrong or git-ext-diff format is not so great.

I didn't test and all yet. From reading, the patch looks sane. I'll
review it later this day or this week-end.

temp-files-v5.2.patch text/x-patch 8.2 KB