Postgre SQL DBA - IPsoft

From: Dustin Long <Dustin(dot)Long(at)ipsoft(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgre SQL DBA - IPsoft
Date: 2013-04-05 15:40:10
Lists: pgsql-jobs

All,

I received permission from Selena to forward one of our current PostgreSQL DBA openings. I work for IPsoft based out of our New York City office and we are a global leading managed services provider. We are looking to hire a PostgreSQL DBA for our team in Bloomington, IL. This is a full-time role to be part of the IPsoft family.

Below are the details and please reach out to me with any questions.

PostgreSQL DBA - Bloomington, IL - IPsoft

Summary

Seeking a PostgreSQL DBA for an eCommerce platform running
PostgreSQL on Linux with Slony (for replication) in high volume/critical
production environments. This position requires extensive Linux,
PostgreSQL and scripting knowledge. A Bachelor's or higher degree in a
technical discipline is desired. You MUST have advanced DBA experience
as well as maintaining and performance-tuning experience. Security and IT
best practices knowledge as well as an eagerness to learn is also a must.
Experience with Slony and/or database replication is highly desired.
Responsibilities

* Create and maintain IT documentation.
* Work with development and IT teams to maintain all operational
systems.
* Respond to trouble tickets in a timely manner.
* Be a SME at client site.
* Work with the IT teams to implement new projects and solutions
within the network.
* Evaluate and plan out database maintenance and upgrades.
* Review SQL queries written by development to help improve
performance.
* Deploy SQL updates to development, QA and production systems.
* Generate reports for use by Executive, Finance and Accounting
departments.
* Database backup and recovery.
* Maintain Production, QA and Development environments, as well as
deploy new code to these environments
* Write scripts for tasks such as automation, monitoring and
troubleshooting.
* Maintain and ensure availability of PostgreSQL based server
systems.
* Database design and implementation.
* Monitor and analyze database health and performance.

Technical Requirements

* Minimum 5 years experience developing and administering PostgreSQL
database infrastructure for mission critical applications.
* A deep understanding of database systems and the factors that affect
distributed system performance
* Thorough knowledge of current hardware systems, RAID and disk
subsystems commonly used in fault tolerant production environments
ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database
systems issues
* Strong scripting and automation skills (Shell, Python, etc)
* Experience supporting redundant systems with 24x7 availability
requirement
* A deep understanding of database design principals
* Experience with MySQL / MS SQL Server / Oracle is highly desirable

Non-Technical Skills

* Must be a good team player
* Good communication skills - oral & written

Benefits
* Competitive Base Salary
* Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance and Vision Care
* Life Insurance
* Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401(K) Plan
* Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care, Dependent Care, Transit
* Paid Time Off

Best,

Dustin
Dustin Long | Senior Corporate Recruiter - Human Resources | IPsoft, Incorporated
Phone: 888-IPSOFT-8 | Direct: 212-708-5661 | Fax: 212-353 2454

[IPSoft Logo]
Autonomic IT Management
[Gartner-sig-revised-2-01.png]