PostgreSQL DBA Opportunity 3-6 month contract

From: Patrick Greenwald <Patrick(dot)Greenwald(at)novarad(dot)net>
To: "pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL DBA Opportunity 3-6 month contract
Date: 2013-03-30 15:58:13
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Our company is looking for a talented and experienced PostgreSQL DBA for a 3 to 6mo contract.

We have an application which will shortly support PostgreSQL as a back end. Our current offering is limited to Sql Server. This is not a conversion project specifically, most of the conversion has already been done. We are looking for an individual that can help us make PostgreSQL a great option for our customers. Our needs are pretty straightforward, We have many functions that need to be reviewed and updated. We need an expert that can analyze the performance of various remote installations of the database and recommend changes. We need someone with a good deal of experience making PostgreSQL scalable, and who can make good recommendations on reliability, replication, and maintenance topics as well. If this person can do some internal training to a select group of audiences, that would be a plus, but not a requirement.

Key Job Requirements
1. Expertise managing PostgreSQL installations running on Windows.
2. Familiar with best practices for large databases.
3. Develop and improve triggers, functions, and indexes.
4. Analyze performance of remote PostgreSQL 9.2 databases, Recommend or implement changes.
5. Work with application developers to ensure future designs are scalable and well thought out.

For more information or to submit your resume, please contact me at hr at novarad dot net and reference the PostgreSQL DBA position.