Re: shared_preload_libraries is ignored in single user mode

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
Cc: PgSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: shared_preload_libraries is ignored in single user mode
Date: 2010-08-16 14:40:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2010/8/16 KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>:
> Although nobody paid an attention, it seems to me a problem to be fixed.
>
> The attached patch fixes the problem using a simple idea which adds
> process_shared_preload_libraries() at PostgresMain() when we launched
> it in single-user mode.

I have no confidence at all that this is a sane thing to do. I think
any enhanced security provider that needs system objects to be
labelled should provide a script to label them after the fact. You
can't count on everyone who wants to use SE-PostgreSQL having made
that decision at initdb time. I think we want to keep single-user
mode as lean and mean as possible, so that people can rely on it when
they need to fix their broken database.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company