Re: known bugs in sequences ?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Henk Schets <henk(at)poppunt(dot)be>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: known bugs in sequences ?
Date: 2002-07-01 13:53:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Henk Schets <henk(at)poppunt(dot)be> writes:
> we just encountered this strange thing in our database. All our sequences were reset to 1. Is there any known bug that could be related to this ? Maybe with a jdbc driver or something ? We are using version 7.0.3.
> It could very well be an exotic coding problem, but I want to be sure that it has nothing to do with our version of postgresql.

All of your sequences at the same time? It's really hard to see how any
internal bug in Postgres could cause that. They're not stored together,
and there's no operation that visits them all. Sure you didn't have some
client application run around and issue a lot of setvals?

But having said that, 7.0.3 is verging on ancient history, and we are
not fixing bugs in it anymore. I think you are well overdue for an
update.