Re: BugTracker (Was: Re: 8.2 features status)

From: Gregory Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>, Kenneth Marshall <ktm(at)is(dot)rice(dot)edu>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: BugTracker (Was: Re: 8.2 features status)
Date: 2006-08-19 10:45:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On the other hand, a lot of my personal dislike of BugZilla seems to be
> based on being forced to use old versions. A lot of the stuff I hate
> about it has been fixed in the current version.

Does that include it being basically a web-only interface?

I'm listed on various mozilla bugs and occasionally get notifications of
updates but I can't reply to those notifications and I'm not about to fire up
a browser and log in and search for the bug just to add comments.

I expect if you set up a web-based interface it won't be a matter of people
digging in heels so much as just being indifferent to it. And like most
projects the bugs will just accumulate and not get feedback.

Incidentally, does it also fix the issue with the database schema where the
entire set of comments is stored in a single field of a single record and so
when two people comment on a bug at the same time one stomps on the others
changes?

--
Gregory Stark