Re: Patch review

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers list" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch review
Date: 2008-02-12 11:22:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

"Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> writes:

> If we want to communicate via a web interface, I would still need a way
> to collect specific messages (not always entire threads).

You're talking about collecting messages. Everyone else wants to collect
patches or proposed changes. There's not a one-to-one mapping between the two.

One example of what we would want is a table in a wiki where it was easy to
insert a reference to the most current patch, a few pointers to messages where
it was discussed, and the current status.

Or something like the review-board dashboard which lists the patches under
consideration with their current status. Ideally with pgsql-patches gatewayed
to create new patches in the list and comments gatewayed back to the list.

I'm sure we want to communicate by email. We also want to have an interface we
can all use to maintain a queue of patches under consideration. They're two
separate, but related, things.

--
Gregory Stark