PostgreSQL / MySQL Database Administrator - opportunity

From: Eric Harrison <eric(dot)harrison(at)ispace(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL / MySQL Database Administrator - opportunity
Date: 2013-02-27 19:57:09
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Hello,
Can you please post this position in the pqsql-jobs board?

PostgreSQL / MySQL Database Administrator

Location: Los Angeles, CA.

Perm employment opportunity

ROLE/PURPOSE:

The database administrator role entails the building, support, tuning and performance monitoring of robust, high-performance PostgreSQL/MySQL database environments within our Digital organization. You will be supporting both production and non-production databases

Roles and Responsibilities:

* Database software installation (upgrades and patches) including:
* Experience with installing, configuring, tuning and managing multiple PostgreSQL/MySQL environments

* Database Management - Includes and is not limited to performing database start-ups and shutdowns, creating new databases, maintaining capacity and database sizing due to business growth or changes and operating automated monitoring tools as designed

Skills and Experience:

* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* 3+ years hands on with PostgreSQL database refreshes from production to test environments
* 3+ years hands on with MySQL database refreshes from production to test environments
* 5+ years experience in using advanced PostgreSQL/MySQL features like table partitioning and different types of oracle indexing.
* Backup and Restore - Experience with PostgreSQL/MySQL database backups and point in time recovery.
* Experience with Postgres Enterprise Manager (PEM)
* Strong knowledge and experience with UNIX shell scripting.
* Working knowledge of Linux Operating System

Contact: Eric(dot)Harrison(at)ispace(dot)com<mailto:Eric(dot)Harrison(at)ispace(dot)com> - 310-563-3821

Please remember the iSpace Referral Policy. If you refer your friends and we place them in any type of position, we will pay you a referral fee. When you refer someone, your names are linked in our data base. If we place them next week or 5 years from now, we will pay you a referral fee. There is no expiration date. We find our best people this way, so please assist your friends and make some money at the same time.
Regards,

Eric Harrison, Talent Acquisition Manager
iSpace, Inc.
Direct Line: 310-563-3821
Cell: 310-283-2779
Fax: 310-563-3801
www.iSpace.com<http://www.iSpace.com>
eric(dot)harrison(at)ispace(dot)com<mailto:eric(dot)harrison(at)ispace(dot)com>