PostgreSQL Administrator

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Administrator
Date: 2013-02-27 17:34:30
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Command Prompt, Inc. is looking for an experienced database
administrator to join our team of PostgreSQL professionals.

An ideal candidate should be closely familiar with 2 or more relational
databases and have at least 2 years of experience as a database engineer
or DBA.

Desired skills are:

- Good grasp of Unix/Linux environment, bash scripting skills.
- Practical skills of database tuning, query optimization and schema design.
- Firm understanding of scalability, high availability and replication
use cases and procedures.
- Experience in writing stored procedures and assessing the
database-related application code.
- Working knowledge of version control systems, particularly, git and
subversion.
- A habit of documenting your activities in a clean and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Good command of written English.
- Familiarity with C.

Extra bonus:

- Your database of choice is PostgreSQL and you can impress us with your
knowledge of it.
- Experience in choosing and assessing server hardware.
- Familiarity with non-relational databases, understanding their
practical applications.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (in addition to C) and
experience in developing commercial or well-known open-source
applications in it.
- Experience in developing web-applications.
- Contributions to the open-source software.
- Knowledge of database internals.

In this role you'll be providing consulting services to Command Prompt
clients, as well as participating in the open-source community by
working directly on improving PostgreSQL database software. Command
Prompt is a long-term platinum sponsor of the PostgreSQL project. Our
geographically distributed team consists of engineers, system
administrators and marketing persons working together on common tasks
and communicating via email, jabber and, occasionally, Skype. We use
tickets/bug tracking to leave no tasks unfinished, keep our code in git
and strive to document everything. Being a small team, we wear many hats
and learn new technologies on the go.

If you think you'll be a good match for this position, please, email
your resume and cover letter to Angela Roberson (jobs(at)commandprompt(dot)com)
with the words 'database administrator' in the subject line. Please,
include your cover letter text in the body of your email and not as a
separate attachment.
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579