Re: Pg and Stunnel

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: Dennis Gearon <gearond(at)cvc(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pg and Stunnel
Date: 2003-04-10 20:51:12
Lists: pgsql-general

"Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders(at)acm(dot)org> writes:
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Dennis Gearon wrote:
>> You might try 5433/4

> Yeah this makes sense but I wanted to see what others might be using. The
> tutorial from the Pg (or friend) site uses 5430 which is already assigned.

The 5433/4 numbers could get assigned at any minute, too. That doesn't
mean they'd suddenly be likely to be in use on your site, though. Most
of the protocols with recently-assigned numbers are pretty dang obscure.

Still, I'd lean to using one of the port numbers above 49k. If you have
a conflict, at least no one can accuse you of ignoring published specs.