Revised R* tree using GiST

From: "fernando esparza" <fesparza(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Revised R* tree using GiST
Date: 2006-05-04 06:49:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

I'm finishing my career in computer engineering. To finish that I've
to develop a new implementation of R*-tree. My teacher Prof. Dr.
Seeger, http://dbs.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/Home/People/Professor has
already one done, now he wants me to add it to PostgreSQL using Gist.
Now that gist is the PostgreSQL core it's very dificult for me to know
from where to start with. Could you please give me some kind of guide?

Thank you. Sincerely yours.

Fernando Esparza