pg_system_identifier()

From: Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_system_identifier()
Date: 2013-08-21 21:43:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

After someone in IRC asked if there was an equivalent to MySQL's
server_id, it was noted that we do have a system identifier but it's not
very accessible.

The attached patch implements a pg_system_identifier() function that
exposes it.

Shall I add this to the next commitfest?

--
Vik

Attachment Content-Type Size
sysident.v1.patch text/x-patch 2.7 KB