Re: Materialized views WIP patch

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Materialized views WIP patch
Date: 2013-02-23 01:00:02
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> That feels completely wrong to me. For one thing, I can't think of
> any ALTER commands to populate or remove data. What did you think
> of the idea of something like DISCARD MATERIALIZED VIEW DATA as a
> new statment? Or maybe RESET MATERIALIZED VIEW?

I prefer RESET, especially since it could eventually support RESET ALL
MATERIALIZED VIEWS if that turns out to be useful. How does the parser
like that?

BTW, to contradict Peter E., for my part I would NOT want matview resets
to be logged as DDL. I would only want matview definitition changes to
be so logged.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.