Re: Renaming '2010-Next' to '2010-6' in the commitfest app

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Renaming '2010-Next' to '2010-6' in the commitfest app
Date: 2010-05-20 16:03:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> Yeah, I thought the agreement was to keep the same target dates as
>> for last year's commitfests.

> Yes! However, we were going to do a "reviewfest" starting June 15.

> Is there a way for me to specify that differently? It would be very
> helpful to be able to use the commitfest app for the reviewfest.

I think the easiest way to deal with it is just to say that we're
hoping to get an early start on the commitfest by beginning reviewing
early on the already-submitted patches. There's nothing stopping
anyone from working on those patches in advance of the nominal
commitfest start date. (Of course, we can't actually commit any
of them until the 9.0 branch is made; which is why I think it's
a July commitfest not a June one.)