Re: Move the postgreSQL database from Drive C to Map Network Drive (Called Z)

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Move the postgreSQL database from Drive C to Map Network Drive (Called Z)
Date: 2012-05-03 21:12:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On 05/03/12 11:55 AM, EllyR wrote:
> But after doing all the things mentioned in the link, when I want to start
> the postgres again as a service, it can not be started, it seems it does not
> recognize the map network drive , would you please let me know if I am in
> the right track or I need to do something else? any help is appreciated.
> Thanks.

services do not run on your desktop session, they run in their own
service user context, and can't see mapped drives created by your
desktop session.

furthermore, a database server really shouldn't be running on a network
shared drive in the first place, they aren't reliable for random block
write oriented IO, which databases do a LOT of.

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast