Re: Enumeration of tables is very slow in largish database

From: Kirill Müller <kirill(dot)mueller(at)ivt(dot)baug(dot)ethz(dot)ch>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Enumeration of tables is very slow in largish database
Date: 2012-01-12 21:07:24
Lists: pgsql-general

On 01/12/2012 02:02 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> There were fixes for that in 8.4.9, so I'd be interested to know if you
> get a better estimate in a more up-to-date version.

Something weird happened today. The problem vanished into thin air. Plus
we got our server upgrade to 8.4.9, but definitely after the problem
disappeared. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to capture an
execution plan before the upgrade. The database has changed during the
day, some hundred more tables with geometry columns were added.

Anyway, I have attached the new execution plan, as produced by server
8.4.9 (squeeze/updates/main postgresql-8.4 amd64 8.4.9-0squeeze1+b1).

Cheers

Kirill

Attachment Content-Type Size
qgis_list_geometry_columns_8.4.9.txt text/plain 4.7 KB