Re: [REVIEW] Patch for cursor calling with named parameters

From: Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Royce Ausburn <royce(dot)ml(at)inomial(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [REVIEW] Patch for cursor calling with named parameters
Date: 2011-10-07 14:56:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2011-10-07 12:21, Yeb Havinga wrote:
> On 2011-10-06 16:04, Royce Ausburn wrote:
>> Initial Review for patch:
>>
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-09/msg00744.php
>

> Again, thank you very much for your thorough review. I'll update the
> patch so mixing positional and named parameters are removed, add
> documentation, and give syntax errors before an error message
> indicating that positional and named parameters were mixed.

Attach is v2 of the patch.

Mixed notation now raises an error.

In contrast with what I said above, named parameter related errors are
thrown before any syntax errors. I tested with raising syntax errors
first but the resulting code was a bit more ugly and the sql checking
under a error condition (i.e. double named parameter error means there
is one parameter in short) was causing serious errors.

Documentation was also added, regression tests updated.

regards,

--
Yeb Havinga
http://www.mgrid.net/

Attachment Content-Type Size
cursornamedparameter-v2.patch text/x-patch 14.9 KB