Re: Book recommendation?

From: Jeff Ross <jross(at)wykids(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Book recommendation?
Date: 2011-02-01 16:14:57
Lists: pgsql-general

On 02/01/11 08:55, Herouth Maoz wrote:
> As a result of my recent encounter with table bloat and other tuning issues I've been running into, I'm looking for a good resource for improving my tuning skills.
>
> My sysadmin ran into the following book:
>
> PostgreSQL 9.0 High Performance, by Gregory Smith, ISBN 184951030X
> http://amzn.com/184951030X
>
> Which covers versions 8.1 through 9.
>
> Any opinions on this book? Other suggestions?
>
> Thank you,
> Herouth

I bought this when it first came out. I bought the pdf version directly
from Packt bundled with the PostgreSQL 9 Admin Cookbook for an amazingly
low price.

I doubt you'll find a better book resource for recent versions of
PostgreSQL. Both are well and clearly written, and cover a lot of
ground in great detail.

Greg Smith has helped me and countless others on this and the
Performance list and he is truly an authoritative resource.

Jeff