Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Derek Rodner <derek(dot)rodner(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres
Date: 2007-08-08 16:48:11
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Derek Rodner wrote:
> I am not saying we did not tell the truth and we absolutely did. This is the first distribution for Postgres that is packaged in this fashion with a graphical installer and the like. The title of that press release is accurate.

Derek you are arguing the marketing truth versus the pedantic truth.
This is not an argument you can win :) The problem is simple your
wording "implies" certain things that are certainly not true.

I agree with you that you didn't explicitly state something that is not
true, but your "implication" is something that the community will always
take exception with.

That is the way it works. I would also note that you are arguing a
marketing argument to a bunch of engineers ;) You will not convince them.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Derek M. Rodner
> Director, Product Strategy