Adding NOT NULL columns in PostgreSQL 7.4?

From: Michael Eshom <oldiesmann(at)oldiesmann(dot)us>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Adding NOT NULL columns in PostgreSQL 7.4?
Date: 2007-08-07 16:54:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

I'm currently using PostgreSQL 7.4.17, and trying to add a NOT NULL
column results in an error about "Adding NOT NULL columns is not
implemented". The only reports of this error I can find online relate to
PostgreSQL 7.2, and further state that it was supposed to be implemented
in PostgreSQL 7.3, so I can't figure out why it's still saying it's not
implemented.
--

Michael Eshom
Christian Oldies Fan