Restricting columns by users

From: Ranieri Mazili <ranieri(dot)oliveira(at)terra(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Restricting columns by users
Date: 2007-08-07 13:41:03
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

Hello,
I'm looking for a method to restrict columns by users on postgresql,
searching in google I found what I want, but in mysql, below I reproduce
the paragraph that shows what I exactly want:

"MySQL can also restrict access on the table level and even on the
column level. What this means is that a user can have zero privileges on
a database, but can have all privileges on a table in that database.
Alternatively, a user can have zero privileges on a database, restricted
privileges on a table, and all privileges on any particular column on
that table. This is done by inserting records into the TABLE_PRIV table
and the COLUMN_PRIV table."

Exist something like it for postgresql?

Thanks