Re: [pgsql-advocacy] We need an Advocacy wiki

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] We need an Advocacy wiki
Date: 2007-08-04 21:18:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Dave Page wrote:

>> Yes, in fact it is. It is a complete pain in the butt in comparison to
>> editing a wiki. If I want a page added to the .Org I have to:
>
> Ever tried techdocs? ;-)

No. I don't like the layout (and yes that is an opinion thing and I
don't want to get into it).

>> A. Understand CVS
>
> No, no need for that. You can just send your files to -www.

You mean the straight HTML? what about everything that resides around it?

>> Now that I have written all of this. I am not suggesting that we change
>> our web infrastructure. I am however suggesting that we stop insulting
>> people and looking very arrogant about our, "It isn't like it is that
>> hard", because it is indeed hard and much harder than it should be.
>
> If it really is that hard (and I honestly don't believe that it is, but
> I'm willing to accept that others find it that way), then we *should*
> fix it. The hard part is agreeing on *how*, because there are so many
> requirements...

O.k. perhaps this is a perception problem. Consider my involvement in
the community and the fact that I thought that I had to do all of the
above in order to contribute to the site... Now take into account
someone who isn't as involved as I?

Where is the "Contributing to the PostgreSQL.Org website HOWTO"?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

- --

http://www.commandprompt.com/